Etched Actuarial YouTube Comment Contest – Official Rules
How to Enter
- Write a comment completing the statement, “I want to be an actuary because…” on the most recent video released on the Etched Actuarial YouTube Channel, OR on any of the relevant contest announcement posts in the Etched Actuarial YouTube Community tab.
- Comments must be input on or after April 12, 2023 and prior to the contest close date on April 16, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.
- Comments with URLs in them, spam comments, and duplicate comments will not be included. Only one entry will be counted per person.
How a Winner Will Be Selected
- On April 17, the number of contest entry comments meeting the qualifications above on the most recent Etched Actuarial YouTube video and the contest announcement posts will be counted.
- Comment contest entries will be counted based on the order they appear on YouTube at the time of counting, starting with the most recent YouTube video and continuing on any comment contest announcement posts in order.
- Google’s random number generator will be used to select a random number from 1 to the number of applicable contest entry comments made from April 12 to April 16.
- The winner will be announced on our YouTube Community tab on April 17 and will be required to contact us via email@example.com within 10 business days to claim their prize.
- The winner will be required to answer the skill testing question: 6+6-3=?
- If the winner does not get the skill testing question correct, no prize will be rewarded.
- The winner will receive a Beginner Actuary Bundle including a virtual coffee chat with our Actuary Accelerator Community (AAC) manager Keiana, a FREE month in the AAC, and the “Beginner’s Guide to Getting Started on Your Actuarial Journey” workbook (As long as they meet the requirements above).
- To claim the coffee chat prize, the winner will have to provide their preferred coffee chat times to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 business days.
- The coffee chat must be scheduled no later than June 30, 2023.
Other Important Inclusions
- Entries that don’t comply with YouTube Community Guidelines will be disqualified
- YouTube is not a sponsor of this contest and thus it is required that participants and viewers release YouTube from any liability related to this contest.